If you were to roam around Memphis this time of year, you would think you were at The North Pole. Huge inflatable snowmen, mass arrays of lights, and garland hung from every corner, consumes just about every neighborhood in Memphis! You might consider venturing from your normal route on major roads, and venturing through some of these areas: Here’s a few neighborhoods we think have sweet displays:
But not just residents get in on this holiday fun, businesses deck out in the spirit too! Several retail and dining communities in Memphis, unite together and ensure their neighborhoods are ready for the holidays. Check out these areas to hang out, eat, walk, and shop while checking out the lights:
Visit any of Memphis’ traditional exhibits:
- Memphis Zoo Lights – $6-$8 – Ice skating, ferris wheel, lights, and animals, what more could you ask for?
- Shelby Farms Park Starry Nights – $20 per car- More than a show, an experience, Starry Nights has over 1.5 million lights.
- Downtown’s Random Light Up Bridge – FREE- Blue lights, green lights, and lights that change color with your movement.
- Liberty Bowl Stadium – FREE- Tigerlane and Liberty Bowl are lit up year round, but this time of year they look awesome! And you’ll have the chance to glance at the neighborhoods around its lights.
- Christmas At Graceland – Elvis wasn’t just the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, he was the King of the North Pole (in Memphis at least). Graceland has an awesome winter wonderland to experience.
See an area we missed? Let us know in the comments. Looking for other ways to celebrate Christmas in Memphis? Check our December list of events.