In a city as vast and changing as Memphis it can be hard to stay up on all of the awesome things happening around The Bluff City. To help compensate on anything you might have missed in the past week, check Choose901′s weekly recapture. With a breakdown of each day and a photo of the week, you’ll never miss a beat with Memphis In A Minute!
September 6th-September 13th
- Memphis Cash Saver stated Bluff City Baker Jason Doty would open shop inside store.
- Midtown Memphis found Lost Pizza.
- State of Tennessee announced to move 480 employees Downtown
- Chines Sub Shop found new home
- University of Memphis Tigers Football team hosted its first home game
- Mid South Convoy of Hope stopped in Memphis and empowered thousands.
- Harding Academy celebrated its 61st anniversary.
- Memphians unite to clean up local cemetery where Tom Lee is buried.
- Wells Fargo committed $458,000 to Memphis neighborhood revitalization.
- Memphis Music Hall of Fame announced 2013 inductees.
- The Frayser Neighborhood Council hosted its first ever healthcare summit.
- University of Memphis received praise from Washington Monthly for social mobility, service, and research.
- Naming contest for Memphis Zoo’s new snow leopard began via WMCTV.
- Memphis met new I Love Memphis Blogger, Holly.
- Childrens’ Museum of Memphis reopened after fire resulted in temporary closure.
- New Memphis Institute hosted “Whatever It Takes: Creating World Class Public Education” luncheon.
- Memphis farmers’ markets rank 7th and 55th in national rankings.
- FedEx recognized in the nation’s top technology innovators.
- Graceland and the National Civil Rights Museum made USA Today’s Top 10 Best Iconic American Attractions:
- Lichterman Nature Center opened 6th annual scarecrow contest
News and events happening around your community? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!