It’s time for some fall fun and Memphis has a lot to offer this month. Check out whats happening:
- Spooky Nights at Shelby Farms – Starts October 4th, 7-10pm
Every Friday & Saturday night in October and on Halloween night, a trail at Shelby Farms Park will be transformed into the first haunted trail in Memphis! Go here for more info.
- River Arts Fest Opening Reception - Friday, October 4th, 5:30pm -8:30 pm
- 3 Artists 1 Yard Spooktacular, Oct 25th, 7pm
The last event of the season is this Friday night at 2185 Monroe Ave. There are several of this season’s artists performing that night. Halloween costumes are encouraged. Go here for more info.
- River Arts Fest, Oct 25-27th
The 7th annual celebration of original fine arts, real Memphis music, and great southern food takes place this weekend from Oct 25-27th. Admission is just $5 Saturday & Sunday. Free Friday night.
- Haunted Happenings - October 25th, 7-11pm at Woodruff-Fontaine Home (680 Adams, 38105)
This is the 5th Annual Fall Fundraiser to benefit preservation efforts by Memphis Chapter, APTA. Admission is $20. Group reservations may be accepted by calling the museum 901-526-1469. For more information email us at email@example.com.
- Art on Fire 2013 at the Dixon, Oct 26th, 7pm, $75
Gather with friends for a night of art, music, and fun around the fire! Go here for more info.
- Time Warp Drive-In: Shocktober, Oct 26th, 7pm-3amish
Starting at dusk, the Summer Avenue Drive In will show the original Nightmare on Elm Street, Evil Dead 2, The Return of the Living Dead, and Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! The cost is $10 a person for all four movies. Go here for more info.
- FemFest Pop Up, Oct 26th, 1-5pm at the Levitt Shell
Local female artists and musicians will perform at the Levitt Shell and this is a “pay what you want” event. All ages are welcome. Proceeds will be donated to the Women’s Foundation for a Greater Memphis. Go here for more info.
- Halloween Hike on October 26, 2013 from 10am-1pm, Botanic Gardens
Special treat and activity stations along the way will feature pumpkin and bat crafts, a spider maze, a bone dig, and a giant haystack for jumping. Keep the fun rolling with $1 hayrides and tasty treats from the concession booth. MBG members $5/non-members $8. Under 2 free. Tickets available online here or at the gate the day of the event. For more information, call 636-4110.
- 8th Annual Costume Twilight Tour on Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 4pm, Elmwood Cemetary
This all-walking tour will begin at 4:00 p.m. Tour groups will depart from the Cottage every ten minutes and the last tour will begin at 5:30 p.m. Tickets for this event are $15 per visitor. Tickets can be purchased at the gate the day of the event. This event takes place rain or shine. For our mobility-impaired visitors, we recommend that you call ahead and speak with Jody Schmidt or Kimberly McCollum regarding tour route information. Call 901-774-3212.
- 4th Annual Loving Local – Saturday, October 26, 4-7pm at Wiseacare Brewing Co. (2783 Broad Ave)
Tickets are $30, and this is an ages 21+ event. Go here for more info.
- A Night at the Museum - October 26, 2013 from 9pm-1am at the Pink Palace
Tickets are $80 which includes 5 drink tickets and express drink line entry.
See an event we forgot? Let us know in the comments!